Thursday, May 1, 2014

A new driver's license for Arizona! But my current one does not expire for 42 years!

Yes, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. Arizona will finally be issuing new a license, and the first thing I noticed was the expiration date. According to the sample photo it will expire 5 years after it is issued. I could be wrong on that, although I totally am ok with it the new expiration date. Like I said my current drivers license does not expire for 42 years! 42 YEARS!!!! That is insane. ADOT says that those who are capable drivers do not need to have their license renewed every few years, hence the long expiration date. You are, however required to update your photo every 12 years. Something I was unaware of. Those with old licenses will not be required to obtain the new one until their picture needs to be replaced or it expires.

What is even more interesting is that the sample id picture has a young man on it who appears to be in his late twenties, early thirties, yet his DOB is 1957! What moron flubbed that up? AND if he really is 57 years old, please tell me what he is doing so I may look just as amazing! ;)


Lookin' good, Jelani Sample! 

I am actually quite excited for this new id, which is designed to help protect against identity theft.  I have been reading articles, seeing Facebook comments, etc. talking about the ugly design of the id, who the hell cares! It's a drivers license, not a piece of jewelry or article of clothing! If you want to complain about something ugly complain about the horrible uprising of students on campus wearing overalls! That is a REAL crime and one that is truly hideous!

Stay fashion forward, my friends!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment