Friday, May 2, 2014

Slow and Steady Wins the Race...

Well sometimes, anyway.

This past week at USEAC has been extremely slow, watching grass grow would have been more thrilling! All is good though, when I have downtime, which is rare, I am able to work on school stuff, and having downtime this week while at my internship has been fantastic! I have been able to study, write, and read in preparation for finals. So it really worked out in my favor. That being said, I am all but done with class this semester. Which is such a relief, until summer school of course.

I will be heading into my final semester at ASU this fall and I could not be more thrilled! The notion of being so close to the finish line is exciting and terrifying all at the same time! I can not believe it is almost here. What next you ask? Well I am hoping I ma able to land a great job. Grad school is definitely something I want to do, but I would like to take a few years off first. Get some experience under my belt. When the time comes to apply for grad school, I am throwing around the idea of either pursuing my MPA, MPP, or going to law school. Maybe my master and law! I have been looking into dual programs. The downside to a dual program, is that most are four years. Which, right now, is a pretty big pill for me to swallow.

As I said earlier, knowing I am so close to end of my undergraduate career is great! All the blood, sweat, and tears I have lost over the past few years will have accumulated into one of the most expensive pieces of paper I will ever own! ;) Expense aside, I am proud of myself for making it this far. Education is by far one of the best things a person can do for themselves. It is the one thing that can never be taken away from you, and in some odd way, I find that very comforting.

To any of my fellow bloggers that are graduating in a few weeks, congratulations and may all your wildest dreams come true!

Cheers!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment