Thursday, May 1, 2014

SanTan Beer now available in SoCal!!!!

One of my favorite local breweries, San Tan Brewery is expanding to Southern California! The are starting with sales in San Diego at bars, restaurants, and retail stores like BevMo and Total Wine. I am always so excited when a local company expands. The have plans to start in San Diego and work their way north up the coast towards Santa Barbara. They also hope to expand to Texas. I am not quite sure what the expansion entails. I would imagine it will just be a distribution center in the other states, so as to maintain the 'Arizona brewed' image.

I recently have become more of a beer drinker. There are so many artisan and craft beers out there! For so long I only thought it was the stuff you see at the grocery store like, Budweiser and Coors, which in my humble opinion is total crap.

There is a great ale house downtown called Angels Trumpet. They have 31 taps and every beer is something I have never heard of or tasted. What is really cool is when they run out they never replace the tap with a beer that they have had in the past, they pick a completely new brew! They are always interesting beers and great way to try new flavors and brands. If you are new to beer, I suggest you get a flight. You are given three or four 8 ounce glasses of whatever taps you like. Always a great option when trying to find your favorite beer.

Another exciting brewery on the horizon is Mother Bunch Brewing. I have never had any of their beers, but I will soon get to try! They are opening a brewery in downtown Phoenix at the historic J.B. Bayless building at 7th st. and Garfield. I am really looking forward to this opening, not only for a new craft beer joint, but another great restaurant and pub to add to the downtown scene.

So here's to craft beer and the great individuals who brew it!

Cheers!

-S

1 comment:

  1. Shane,
    This is an amazing post in my opinion. I am very found of trying new craft beers as well. I get a thrill out of trying new brews from different places. I will DEFINITELY try out the places you listed. I have some of my own to add.. Have you ever heard/tried of Sleepy Dog? It's a local brew right here in Tempe off University. I HIGHLY recommend trying it. They can also be found in places like Total Wine and BevMo, my favorites are "Red Rover" which is irish ale and also "Leg Humper" which is a hefeweizen. Or if you don't feel like going out, I know some Wal Marts and most Frys grocery stores (a few that don't) offer a "build your own six pack" with cardboard six pack cases in which you can pick any beer that is not packaged. You'd be surprised at their selection. I know the Frys I've been to have a lot of craft and newer beers available. It's a fun alternative to creating your own "flight."

    We know too much about this stuff.. Well enjoy!

    ReplyDelete