Friday, May 2, 2014

Birthday and Wedding Shenanigans!

I was talking to my best friend the other day and we were discussing what we should do for our birthdays. Her birthday is this month and mine is in June. A slew of ideas have been thrown around, keeping it low-key, dinner with friends and family, planning a weekend getaway, or throwing large fun parties. Every year the two of us stress out about what to do and every year, with the exception of my party last year, we are disappointed. We just set the bar too high for ourselves, and subsequently are let down.

She was just suggesting to me that I get a group of friends together and we hit up Lake Pleasant this year for mine. We would rent jet-ski's and make a day out of it. This sounds amazing, but upon looking up the cost of jet ski rentals, I just might have to pass. That being said, I have just decided that this year, I am not going to plan anything. I will just let the day lead me. If it leads me to a relaxing day filled with shopping, massages, and a nice dinner or a full day sitting in my underwear, eating junk food, and binging on Netflix and Hulu, then so be it! :)

Enough birthday talk, this morning my cousin called me from Hawaii. She and her boyfriend are there on a two week vacation, totes jealous. Turns out her beau proposed to her! Not only in Hawaii*swoon*but on top of a volcano over looking the whole island! *double swoon* I am so happy for her and am very excited to welcome him into the family! I am even more excited for the wedding, whether it is small or large, I know it will be fabulous!

So congrats my darling cousins! I love you very much! And cheers to my unknown birthday plans!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment